Instant Grab Adhesive
Ultimate Instant Grab Adhesive: Fast & Strong
In the fast-paced construction industry, time is a precious resource, and instant grab adhesives offer a game-changing advantage for efficiency. Unlike traditional adhesives that require curing time to reach their maximum holding power, instant grab adhesives provide an extraordinary initial grip.
This high initial grab ensures materials stay securely in place, eliminating the risk of sliding or pulling apart during the curing process. By using an instant grab adhesive, you can save both time and money by avoiding the need for temporary supports to hold items in place. Watch the video below to witness the remarkable gripping power of an instant grab adhesive in action. In this article we will also look at how to use an instant grab adhesive.
Adiseal Hi-Grab instant grab adhesive
Adiseal Hi-Grab extra high instant grab adhesive has a heavy duty power grab and bond strength. It stays flexible and is a waterproof adhesive as well. Adiseal Hi-Grab works in the dry and wet. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
Adiseal Hi-Grab is based on the same pro grade polymer technology as the record breaking strongest adhesive, Adiseal construction adhesive and sealant but with even higher instant grab. Adisealadhesive & sealant proved to be the strongest product by far in an independent adhesive strength test by Ultimate Handyman.
Adiseal Hi-Grab has a thicker consistency compared to Adiseal adhesive and sealant. This gives Adiseal Hi-Grab extra initial holding power compared to Adiseal adhesive and sealant.
Great instant grab adhesive on vertical surfaces
When it comes to bonding items to vertical surfaces, the risk of slippage and movement before the adhesive cures is significantly higher compared to horizontal surfaces. This often necessitates the use of temporary supports, extending project completion time and incurring additional costs. However, with the exceptional instant grab power of Adiseal Hi-Grab, the need for temporary supports is greatly minimized. Unlike other construction adhesives with lower initial grab, Adiseal Hi-Grab ensures items stay firmly in place, even on vertical walls. Say goodbye to sliding objects and hello to a more efficient and cost-effective bonding process. Experience the unrivaled power of Adiseal Hi-Grab and witness the difference it makes in your projects.
Adiseal Hi-Grab bonds: Metals, wood, glass, mirrors, masonry, stone, tiles, polystyrene, asphalt, fibreglass, most plastics & many other items.
- Ultimate instant grab adhesive
- Extreme strength
- Works in dry, wet & even underwater
- Mould resistant
- Over paintable
- Non brittle
- UV resistant
- Virtually odourless
- Isocyanate free
- Solvent free
- No shrinkage or cracking
- Permanently flexible
- Prevents fungal growth
- Prevents bacteria growth
- Good resistance to chemicals
- EC1 Plus certified (lowest VOC)
Adiseal Hi-Grab construction adhesive is available in white colour in 290ml cartridges. To get it in any other RAL colour, please contact us.
Surface preparation is crucial for achieving a strong and durable adhesive bond. Taking the time to thoroughly clean surfaces by removing dust, grease, paint, and other contaminants will ensure a superior and long-lasting bond. For optimal surface preparation, the Adisolve spray is the ideal product to clean and prepare surfaces effectively.
When dealing with concrete surfaces, especially outdoors, simply brushing may not be sufficient to remove stubborn dirt. It is recommended to use more intensive methods such as jet washing, sand blasting, or using a detergent with a sturdy brush to achieve a thorough clean.
When using Adiseal Hi-Grab construction adhesive in vertical applications where water runoff is a possibility, it is advisable to apply the adhesive in thin vertical strips. This allows water to flow down between the adhesive strips, preventing water buildup on top. Accumulated water between items can create additional stress on the adhesive, particularly during freezing temperatures when the water expands.
By prioritizing proper surface preparation and implementing these expert tips, you can achieve a superior adhesive bond that stands the test of time.
Instant grab adhesive initial holding power performance demonstration
As can be seen in the video below, Adiseal Hi-Grab has phenomenal instant power grab and bond strength. To demonstrate the power grab and bond strength, we used 2 concrete blocks weighing 32 Kg in total. To test it to the extreme, instead of applying the construction adhesive on the side with the largest surface area, we applied it to the edge of the concrete with a smaller surface area. As the video shows, the 2 concrete slabs gripped each other straight away due to the phenomenal instant power strength of Adiseal Hi-Grab.
For more information about adhesives, visit our detailed guide on adhesives.
Bonding items with Adiseal Hi-Grab
How to use instant grab adhesive
How to use instant grab adhesive.
- Choose the correct product.
Selecting the right instant grab adhesive for your specific application is crucial. Certain materials, like polypropylene and polyethylene, can be challenging to bond, and may require surface treatment to enhance adhesion. Make an informed choice to ensure optimal bonding results.
- Clean the surface.
A strong adhesive bond relies on a clean surface. Prior to applying the adhesive, thoroughly clean the surface to remove dust, grease, and dirt. Using a fine brush, such as a paint brush, can help remove fine dust particles for better adhesion.
- Apply the correct amount of adhesive.
Apply the correct amount of adhesive: Instant grab adhesives are typically thicker than other adhesives, providing enhanced initial grip. However, this thickness can make it difficult to bring surfaces close together. When using a product like Adiseal Hi-Grab, a high-quality applicator (sealant gun / caulking gun) is recommended for smooth dispensing.
- Push items together.
Firmly push the items together, while gently moving them side to side. This motion helps evenly spread the adhesive, covering a larger surface area and promoting a stronger bond.
- Hold items in place.
While Adiseal Hi-Grab often eliminates the need for temporary supports in most occasions, it’s important to hold the items in place until the adhesive fully dries. Factors such as material, weight, and surface condition may affect the need for additional support.
Using instant grab adhesives comes with certain safety implications that should be considered. Here are a few key points:
- Skin and eye protection: Instant grab adhesives are often strong and fast-acting, which means they can bond to skin or cause irritation if they come into contact with it. It’s essential to use the correct PPE, to wear protective gloves and safety goggles when handling and applying these adhesives to avoid skin contact and protect the eyes.
- Adequate ventilation: Some instant grab adhesives, especially if they contain solvents, may emit fumes or have strong odors. To ensure a safe working environment, it’s important to use these adhesives in well-ventilated areas. Open windows or use fans to improve air circulation and minimize exposure to potentially harmful fumes.
- Proper storage: Store instant grab adhesives in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and sources of heat. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for storage temperature and shelf life to maintain the adhesive’s effectiveness and prevent any potential safety hazards.
- Read and follow instructions: Carefully read and follow the instructions provided by the adhesive manufacturer. Pay attention to any specific safety precautions, recommended application techniques, and cleanup instructions. Adhering to the manufacturer’s guidelines will help ensure safe and effective use of the instant grab adhesive.
- Cleanup and disposal: After using instant grab adhesives, clean any spills or excess adhesive promptly. Use appropriate solvents or cleaners recommended by the manufacturer. Dispose of any unused or expired adhesive following local regulations and guidelines to minimize environmental impact.
- Heavy items: Be careful of relying on adhesives only for heavy items items. Adhesives have a shelf life and if they do fail in the future, a heavy item may fall and cause damage to property or even injure someone if they’re directly below. It is recommended to also add additional mechanical fixings to be on the safe side.
When using instant grab adhesives, several common problems may arise. Here are a few examples:
- Improper bonding surface preparation: Insufficiently cleaning or preparing the bonding surfaces can result in weak adhesion. Dust, grease, or other contaminants on the surface can hinder the adhesive’s effectiveness. It is crucial to thoroughly clean and dry the surfaces before applying the adhesive for optimal bonding.
- Inadequate adhesive application: Applying too little or too much adhesive can lead to bonding issues. Insufficient adhesive may result in weak bonds, while excessive adhesive can cause messy application, excessive squeeze-out, or difficulty in aligning and joining the materials.
- Lack of proper curing time: Instant grab adhesives typically have an initial grab, but they still require sufficient curing time to reach their full strength. Rushing the process and not allowing adequate curing time can result in weaker bonds that may fail over time.
- Unsuitable adhesive for the materials: Different materials require specific types of adhesives. Using an instant grab adhesive that is not suitable for the specific materials being bonded can lead to poor adhesion or even damage to the materials.
- Storage and shelf life issues: Improper storage or using expired adhesive can affect its performance. It is important to store instant grab adhesives according to the manufacturer’s instructions, including temperature requirements and shelf life limitations. Using expired or improperly stored adhesive may result in weaker bonding properties.
- Temperature and environmental considerations: The performance of instant grab adhesives can be influenced by temperature and environmental conditions. Extreme heat or cold can affect their bonding properties, so it is important to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding temperature range for application and storage.
- Load-bearing capacity: While instant grab adhesives provide initial strength, they may not have the same load-bearing capacity as other structural adhesives or mechanical fasteners. If the application requires heavy loads or long-term structural support, it is important to consult the manufacturer’s specifications or consider alternative bonding methods.
By being aware of these common problems, following proper application techniques, and selecting the right adhesive for the materials, you can mitigate potential issues and achieve strong, reliable bonds with instant grab adhesives.
Where to buy instant grab adhesive
In the UK, our products are available from Adiseal stockists. Please contact us for their details. For other countries, our products can be purchased from www.guglue.com
There may also be a distributor for your country or an opportunity to become our distributor. Contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions About Instant Grab Adhesive
Grab adhesives tend to have a lower initial grab and grip compared to instant grab adhesives. If an adhesive does not have sufficient initial grab power then temporary supports may need to be used to hold the items in place, until the adhesive reaches its potential maximum holding power by curing. This is a greater problem on vertical surfaces where items tend to slide down.
An instant grab adhesive is a type of adhesive that provides immediate bonding strength upon application, allowing materials to be held together quickly without the need for clamps or additional supports.
Instant grab adhesives offer several advantages, including fast bonding times, eliminating the need for temporary supports, and allowing for immediate handling of bonded items. They are also typically thicker, providing strong initial grip and bonding strength.
Instant grab adhesives can bond a wide range of materials, including wood, metal, plastic, ceramic, and more. However, it’s important to select the right adhesive formulation based on the specific materials being bonded.
Some instant grab adhesives like Adiseal Hi-Grab are designed to be waterproof, making them suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications. They can withstand exposure to moisture, ensuring a reliable bond even in damp or wet environments.
Grab adhesives are typically formulated with high initial tack or grab, which means they form an instant bond upon contact with the surfaces being bonded. They often have a thick consistency to allow for gap filling and provide a strong and durable bond once fully cured.
Yes, there are grab adhesives available that are specifically designed for outdoor use. These adhesives are formulated to withstand exposure to moisture, UV radiation, temperature changes, and other outdoor conditions. Check the product specifications or consult the manufacturer for outdoor suitability.