Why use a flexible adhesive
- Temperature changes
- Moisture changes
A non flexible adhesive will set hard. This makes it more likely to be brittle. Due to the brittle nature of the bond, there is a higher chance of the bond failing. A brittle bond can crack, weaken and eventually fail. This is not a problem for a flexible adhesive as it will be able to absorb the movement in the joint without cracking.
Best flexible adhesive
Ultimate Handyman has carried out several adhesive strength tests. In the latest adhesive strength test, the new formula of Adiseal adhesive & sealant was tested, along with a number of other adhesives from different manufacturers. In this test Adiseal proved to be the strongest adhesive by far, way stronger than anything else being tested. Nothing came even close to Adiseal. Watch the test in the video below.
Construction adhesive strength test
- Cleaned the metal sheet thoroughly.
- Applied each construction adhesive to the hardwood.
- Firmly pushed the wood down on the metal.
- Waited until each adhesive had cured.
- Used a hydraulic ram to break each construction adhesive bond.
- Measure at what pressure each bond broke at.
The best adhesive was Adiseal
“That is actually unbelievable!”Ultimate Handyman
- That Adiseal is phenomenal!
- That Adiseal is some stuff though, definitely need to get some of that bought!
- I instantly went looking for Adiseal!
- Need to get my hands on some of that to try out.
- Looks like a cracking product.
- Having used the two most expensive brands on numerous occasions, I’ll be trying out the others, especially the Adiseal.
- Adiseal certainly surprised me in this test!
- Fantastic tests. It’s unbelievable that Adiseal test with the hardwood.
Extra strong flexible adhesive for many different items
Adiseal flexibility demonstration
The video shows how flexible Adiseal adhesive & sealant is.
Flexible PVC adhesive
Adiseal is a strong flexible PVC adhesive. It will provide a strong bond on PVC and many other plastics but it’s not suitable for polypropylene or polyethylene. To get the strongest bond, making sure both surfaces are thoroughly clean is very important. Adiseal is a strong flexible PVC adhesive for PVC cladding, PVC trunking, PVC pipes and many other items.
Flexible wood adhesive
Adiseal is also a strong flexible wood adhesive. It will provide a strong bond on all different types of wood. It is important to make sure both surfaces are thoroughly clean before applying the adhesive to get the strongest bond.
Adiseal Applications and Benefits
- Works in dry, wet, even underwater
- Best grab
- Waterproof adhesive & sealant
- Fast power grab bond & grip
- Gap filler adhesive
- Resists mould
- Over paintable
- Non brittle
- UV resistant
- Virtually odourless
- Isocyanate free
- Solvent free
- No shrinkage or cracking
- Flexible adhesive
- Prevent fungal growth
- Prevent bacteria growth
- Good resistance to chemicals
- EC1 Plus certified
- ISEGA certified – safe for use in food preparation areas
It can be manufactured in any RAL colour.
Frequently asked questions about flexible adhesive
In an independent adhesive strength test, Adiseal was found to be the best adhesive. It was a lot stronger than all the other products that were tested. In the wood to metal adhesive strength test, Adiseal flexible adhesive was way stronger than anything else tested.
In the UK, Adiseal can be purchased from stockists. For other countries, Adiseal products can also be purchased from https://guglue.com
A flexible adhesive is an adhesive that allows for movement and does not set hard. Non-flexible adhesives can crack, weaken and even break when there is movement of the items that are bonded with the non-flexible adhesive. With a flexible adhesive, the bond will absorb the movement without becoming weak.